To keep the stability and performance of WooCommerce, the team regularly updates this plugin with new features, bug fixes and improvements.
And now, let’s started!
WooCommerce 5.2 New Features
This is a minor release focusing on bug fixes and performance improvements. Just like other minor releases, this release also aims to be backward compatible with previous WooCommerce releases.
- WooCommerce Blocks 4.7: Blocks package have been updated to 4.7. Please take a look at the release posts for 4.7, 4.6, 4.5.2 and 4.5.1 to see what’s new and improved.
- WooCommerce Admin 2.1.3: WooCommerce Admin package has also been updated to 2.1.3 with this release of WooCommerce. This new package contains lots of bug fixes and stability improvements, see the changelog for details on what’s new in this version (and also on previous versions up to 2.0.2)
- Country code verification on checkout: Now it won’t be possible to perform a successful checkout when submitting an invalid country code. #28849
- Low stock threshold for variations: The stock amount that triggers a low stock warning email can now be properly configured for individual variations on variable products. #29345
- Dropdowns fix: With the updated version of jQuery on the newest WordPress some dropdowns (e.g. product attributes filter) became unusable, it’s fixed now. #29397
- Product categories widget item count fix: The items count in the product categories widget item count not always showing the correct number, it’s fixed now. Also, a new hook has been added to disable the recounting of items. #29281
- New shop setup widget: A new “WooCommerce Setup” widget is added to promote users to finish the onboarding tasks, it shows only when there are unfinished tasks. #29174
- Updated net sales link: The “net sales” link in the dashboard now points to the new analytics screen when WooCommerce Admin is enabled. #29149
- Improved handling of downloadable file paths: Strip
///sequences in downloadable file paths to prevent access to absolute paths. #28699
- REST API: Add support for “order” and “class” types for shipping method zones: The shipping method zone endpoint wasn’t accepting settings of these types, it’s fixed now. #29218
- REST API: Fix wrong taxonomy caching in term and product attributes controllers: The taxonomy from the first request was being reused in further requests when those were performed programmatically. #29115
- REST API: Make the refunds creation endpoint accept input as documented: The input for the endpoint accepts now the input as described in the documentation (no breaking changes introduced). #29099
Filters and actions
Two new filters have been added to this release.
|woocommerce_product_recount_terms||Filter to allow/prevent recounting of terms as it could be expensive, e.g. when bulk importing products. #29281|
|woocommerce_ajax_order_items_removed||Action that fires after order items are removed. #29241|
This release does not introduce any database changes.
This release does not introduce any changes to templates.
WooCommerce 5.2 will follow the release cycle:
- Beta: March 23th, 2021
- Release Candidate: March 30th, 2021
- WooCommerce 5.2 Final Release: April 13th, 2021
As with the previous few releases, you can join in the testing release following the instructions for 5.1 as well.
If you discover any bugs during the testing process, you can log a report in GitHub.
Our themes & WooCommerce 5.2 Update
Currently, all our WordPress themes are compatible with the latest version of WooCommerce. We plan to update all of them to support the latest version. You can follow the article WooCommerce 5.1 Themes here to update the latest news from us.
See Our Best-selling WooCommerce Themes:
See our theme collections:
- See Best Elementor WordPress themes 2020
- See Best-selling WordPress themes on Themeforest 2020
- See Best free and premium WordPress themes 2020
- See Best multi-vendor marketplace WordPress themes 2020
- See 12+ Best Auto Parts Shop WordPress Themes 2020
- See 15+ Best Clothing & Fashion Shop WordPress Themes 2020
- See 20+ Best Electronics Store WooCommerce Themes 2020
- See 15+ Best Selling Furniture Store WordPress Themes 2020
Our Support Help Desks:
- Documentation: Find documentation for themes and frequently asked question on our Documentation channel wpthemego.com/document
- Forum Support: Join our public WPThemeGo Community at forum.wpthemego.com to find the frequently asked questions, post your problem and get support to solve it.
- Ticket System: Submit a ticket about your problem on WPThemeGo Support at support.wpthemego.com to get help from the support team. All your information will be kept confidential.
- Email Support: Contact us via email for presale questions about our themes and other questions via email@example.com.