We collect certain personal information about visitors and users of our Site. The most common types of information we collect are things like: usernames, member names, email addresses, other contact details, payment information such as payment agent details, transactional details, support queries, comments and web analytics data. Information or an opinion is your “personal information” if it is about you as an identified or identifiable individual.
We may collect personal information directly when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Site or through other people when you use services associated with the Site.
When you provide personal information to us via the Site you’re consenting to us collecting and using that information in line with this policy and the user terms of our Site. You are likely to provide personal information when you complete membership registration and buy or provide items or services on our Site, subscribe to a newsletter, email list, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication.
If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our services and you may not be able to carry out transactions or access the full range of features available through our Site.
Although we generally collect personal information directly from you, we may on occasion also collect information about you from other people (such as the payment provider account details required to process a transaction) and by using tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons and other web analytics software or services.
We may use your personal information in order for us to:
- operate the Site and provide you with services described on the Site, like to verify your identity when you sign in to our Site, to facilitate and process transactions that take place on the Site, to respond to support tickets and to help facilitate the resolution of any disputes
- customize our services and websites, like advertising that may appear on the Site, in order to provide a more personalized experience
- update you with operational news and information about our Site and services like to notify you about changes to our Site, website disruptions or security updates
- provide you with information that you request from us or, where we have your consent to do so, provide you with marketing information about products and services which we feel may interest you
- carry out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Site and services we provide
- monitor activity on the Site, like to identify potentially fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the Site
- manage our relationship with you, like by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the Site or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey
- manage our legal and operational affairs
- train WPThemeGo staff about how to best serve our community
- provide general administrative and perform functions and activities.
We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service providers. Personal information that we store is subject to security and access controls, including username and password authentication and data encryption where appropriate.
You can access some of the information that we collect about you by logging in to your account. You also have the right to make a request to access other information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that information. You may also close the account you have with us for our Site at any time. To make an access or correction request, contact us using the contact details at the end of this policy.
Where we have your consent to do so (e.g if you have subscribed to one of our e-mail lists or have otherwise indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us), we may send you marketing communications about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future.
If your e-mail address has changed and you would like to continue to receive our e-mails, you will need to access your account and update your e-mail address information in your account and sign-up again for those e-mails that you want to receive.
If we send e-mails with commercial content we will generally include an “unsubscribe” facility that you can use to opt-out of further communications – to opt-out, just follow the instructions in the e-mail. We might not include an opt-out facility in important operational and service-based e-mails concerning things like your purchases, the user terms, important updates and need-to-know messages. By using our Site you agree that we do not need to include opt-out facilities in those messages.
You also have choices about cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our Site may not work properly in your case.
Our Sites are not suitable for children under the age of 13 years, so if you are under 13 we ask that you do not use our Site or give us your personal information (if you are a young tech wiz, please direct your nearest responsible adult to use the Site for you!). If you are from 13 to 18 years, you can browse the Site but will need the supervision of a parent or guardian to become a registered user. It is the responsibility of parents or guardians to monitor their children’s use of our Site.
We may need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy management practices. When we do amend the policy, the changes will be effective straightaway. We’ll usually publish information about changes to be made to this policy on our Site – but please be aware that it is your responsibility to check in and make sure you keep up to date with any changes to this policy.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact us via email@example.com.
If you have any concerns about how we have been managing your personal information, or if you think we have not been complying with privacy law, you can make a complaint in writing to us. We will consider your complaint and contact you to resolve the matter.li>