There are two ways to install this SW StyleShop Theme:
- Quickstart Installation: This one is suitable for the first installation and want to get a whole fresh site as in the Demo. Please note that the quickstart file is not included in the Themeforest package. You could contact us via our Support Page to be supported.
- Manual Installation (including Theme Installation): If you want to build your site based on available content with SW StyleShop, this one will be suitable. It won’t overwrite your old data.
3.1 Quickstart Installation
Please follow the steps in the Quickstart Installation Instruction for WordPress Theme .
3.2 Theme Installation
Before starting the Theme Installation process, please make sure that your host meets all following requirements:
- Your web host meets the minimum requirements to run WordPress
- This theme is built up and tested with WordPress Version 4.7.3. Therefore, this WordPress version should be used to have best performance. Besides, this theme is also compatible with WordPress 3.x.x and 4.x.x.
3.2.1 Theme Upload
When you are ready to install a theme, the Theme Files should be uploaded and activated first. There is 2 ways for this process:
- FTP Upload
- WordPress Upload
Note: If the Theme Files Size is larger than 8M, FTP Upload (File Transfer Protocol) should be used.
|188.8.131.52 Theme Installation via FTP
||184.108.40.206 Theme Installation via WordPress Admin Panel
|To add the new theme to your WordPress Installation, follow these basic steps:
- Step 1 – Download the zip package of SW StyleShop theme in ThemeForest, and you will find a zip file named as sw_styleshop_theme_vx.x.x.zip
- Step 2 – Load your FTP client, such as FileZilla.
- Step 3 – Use your FTP program to access your host web server, upload and exact the zip file “sw_styleshop_theme_vx.x.x.zip” to your_wordpress_site/wp-content/themes directory. After exacting, you will have a theme folder named as styleshop in your your_wordpress_site/wp-content/themes directory.
To select the theme for your site:
- Step 1 – Log in to the WordPress Administration Panels
- Step 2 – Go to Appearance >> Themes to find the new theme uploaded, roll over its thumbnail image and activate it by clicking on the Activate button.
- Step 1 – Open the wp-admin panel (Navigate through web browser to the folder where you have installed the WordPress, for example: www.your_wordpress_site.com/wp-admin/).
- Step 2 – Login to your WordPress Dashboard and go to Appearance >> Themes.
Then, click Add New button or Add New Theme button
- Step 3 – Click on the Upload Theme button >> Choose File to import the theme from your computer. Select your sw-styleshop_theme_vx.x.x.zip file and click Install Now.
- Step 4 – You have a few minutes to wait till you see the message announcing that Theme installed successfully.
- Step 5 – After that, you will be able to Activate the theme.
3.2.2 Theme Installation Types
In this theme, we offer a useful feature to choose the way to install this theme: Import Demo Data or not. Two methods are provided for two different case. When you want to start a new website, or use our demo contents for easily customization, save your time and your energy. In this situation, we recommend using the Import Demo Data method. If you do not use this way, you must be adept in WordPress customization and theme development
After installing theme, there are two ways for you to choose to custom this theme: create everything by yourself or import our demo data
|Do NOT import demo data
||Import demo data
- It means that you could create everything by yourself from its beginning
- You could configure each part of this theme singly according to our suggested theme position
- This process certainly helps you save your time and energy
- It is ideal for beginners to advanced developers
- Our Import Demo Data provides you a good way to import the demo content, widgets and theme settings with one click.
- If you are a newbie, it could be an extremely time-consuming process and a tough challenge
- You are certainly adept in WordPress customization and theme development
- Category ID is different between “your database in your server” and “our database in our server”. It’s all different from servers. That is the reason why you need to change the category ID on your site by checking it out in our theme configuration part of this documentation.
3.2.3 Required Plugins Installation
Please remember that when theme is installed, you need to install and activate Required Plugins to get full features working. In case your server does not permit automatic installation of a WordPress plugin in this theme, you could manually install it by using its zip file in our package folder named as data/plugins.
- Step 1 – After installing and activating the theme you will see the message about installing required plugins at the top of the page.
- Step 2 – You need click Begin Installing plugins link in order to install needed plugins for styleshop theme
- Step 3 – You will be redirected to Install Required Plugins page, here you will find all of the theme required plugins. In order to install these plugins, you just need to check all of them and select “Install” then “Apply”.
Note: When installing plugins, if you see a notice that some plugins have unsuccessful installation, they should be install manually one by one. This case usually occurs as you select all plugins to install at once.
- Step 4 – After installing these plugins, you need to Activate them by checking all of them and select “Activate” then click “Apply”
Below are list of required plugins along with SW StyleShop theme: