To keep the stability and performance of WooCommerce, the team regularly updates this plugin with new features, bug fixes and improvements.
WooCommerce 5.6 New Features
WooCommerce 5.6 has been officially released! We’ve been hard at work and this release has
- 256 commits from 36 contributors in WooCommerce Core
- 139 commits from 22 contributors in WooCommerce Admin
- 79 commits from 18 contributors in WooCommerce Blocks
This is another minor release and so you should expect everything included to be backwards compatible with the previous version.
As always, we recommend creating a backup of your site and making sure that the themes and plugins are compatible before updating. You can check out this update guide for more information.
- Added a new options to enable a lookup table to improve filtering by product attributes.
- A new “Refunds and Returns Policy” sample page will be included by default in all installations, Merchants can chose to publish this page if they want to.
- WooCommerce Blocks 5.4.1, and 5.5.1. These updates contain a number of enhancements, bug fixes, and some improvements to allow products to be added by SKU in the Hand-Picked Products block.
- WooCommerce Admin 2.5.0. This new package contains lots of bug fixes and stability improvements.
- Improved support to Twenty Twenty-One theme.
- Added support for “Shipping Phone”, in addition to Billing Phone in email templates and in the Order’s edit screen, note that WooCommerce Shipping & Tax extension already includes a “Shipping Phone” for the checkout form.
- Fixed a problem preventing blocks from rendering when included within the shop page.
These are just some of the changes that are included in WooCommerce 5.6. You can find the complete changelog for this release in the changelog.txt file.
Our aim is to maintain backwards compatibility through every release unless otherwise noted. This section contains any alternations that may be noteworthy for developers in pursuit of that.
Actions & Filters
This release adds one hook:
|woocommerce_email_sent||Action hook fired when an email is sent from WooCommerce.|
And one update to a filter:
|woocommerce_logout_default_redirect_url||Filter the redirect URL page, used to only get applied to
There are no database changes in this release, but a database upgrade will be necessary to install the new “Refunds and Returns Policy” sample page.
|templates/emails/email-addresses.php||Updated to display shipping phone if available.|
|templates/emails/plain/email-addresses.php||Updated to display shipping phone if available.|
|templates/order/order-details-customer.php||Updated to display shipping phone if available.|
Our themes & WooCommerce 5.6 Update
Currently, all our WordPress themes are compatible with the latest version of WooCommerce. We plan to update all of them to support the latest version. You can follow the article WooCommerce 5.6 Themes here to update the latest news from us.
See Our Best-selling WooCommerce Themes:
See our theme collections:
- See 10+ Best Elementor WooCommerce WordPress Themes 2021
- See 20+ Best multi-vendor marketplace WordPress themes 2021
- See 12+ Best Auto Parts Shop WordPress Themes 2021
- See 15+ Best Clothing & Fashion Shop WordPress Themes 2021
- See 20+ Best Electronics Store WooCommerce Themes 2021
- See 15+ Best Selling Furniture Store WordPress Themes 2021
- See 15+ Best Selling Organic Store WordPress Themes 2021
Our Support Help Desks:
- Documentation: Find documentation for themes and frequently asked question on our Documentation channel wpthemego.com/document
- Forum Support: Join our public WPThemeGo Community at forum.wpthemego.com to find the frequently asked questions, post your problem and get support to solve it.
- Ticket System: Submit a ticket about your problem on WPThemeGo Support at support.wpthemego.com to get help from the support team. All your information will be kept confidential.
- Email Support: Contact us via email for presale questions about our themes and other questions via firstname.lastname@example.org.