WooCommerce 5.4 New Features
To keep the stability and performance of WooCommerce, the team regularly updates this plugin with new features, bug fixes and improvements.
In this article, we will give you some notes about new features of WooCommerce 5.4 and some best WordPress themes ready for this new update.
WooCommerce 5.4 New Features
The fifth minor release of 2021, WooCommerce 5.4, has been officially released! We’ve been hard at work and this release has
- 336 commits from 25 contributors in WooCommerce Core
- 125 commits from 24 contributors in WooCommerce Admin
- 143 commits from 14 contributors in WooCommerce Blocks
This is another minor release and so you should expect everything included to be backwards compatible with the previous version.
As always, we recommend creating a backup of your site and making sure that the themes and plugins are compatible before updating. You can check out this update guide for more information.
- jQuery 3 Compatibility: In preparation for WordPress Core’s plan to update jQuery, we have addressed our usage of it accordingly. (#29044)
- WooCommerce Blocks 5.1.0: The package update includes 5.0.0 and 5.1.0. Please note that most content included in Blocks updates is not present in WooCommerce unless the WooCommerce Blocks feature plugin is active.
- WooCommerce Admin 2.3.1: This package update includes a number of fixes and quality of life tweaks.
These are just some of the changes that are included in WooCommerce 5.4. You can find the complete changelog for this release in the changelog.txt file.
Our aim is to maintain backwards compatibility through every release unless otherwise noted. This section contains any alternations that may be noteworthy for developers in pursuit of that.
We’ve added the
dates_are_gmt parameter to coupon, product, and order collection endpoints. When
true, this parameter causes the
before date fields to check
post_date_gmt instead of the local time variant.
Actions & Filters
There are no changes to actions or filters in this release.
There are no database changes in this release.
There are no changes to templates in this release.
WooCommerce 5.4 will follow the release cycle:
- Beta: May 18, 2021
- Release Candidate: May 25, 2021
- WooCommerce 5.4 Final Release: June 8, 2021
A set of testing instructions has been published on our Wiki page in GitHub. We’ve also posted a helpful writeup on beta testing to help get you started.
If you discover any bugs during the testing process, please let us know by logging a report in GitHub.
Our themes & WooCommerce 5.4 Update
Currently, all our WordPress themes are compatible with the latest version of WooCommerce. We plan to update all of them to support the latest version. You can follow the article WooCommerce 5.4 Themes here to update the latest news from us.
See Our Best-selling WooCommerce Themes:
BROWSE ALL WORDPRESS THEMES
See our theme collections:
- See Best Elementor WordPress themes 2020
- See Best-selling WordPress themes on Themeforest 2020
- See Best free and premium WordPress themes 2020
- See Best multi-vendor marketplace WordPress themes 2020
- See 12+ Best Auto Parts Shop WordPress Themes 2020
- See 15+ Best Clothing & Fashion Shop WordPress Themes 2020
- See 20+ Best Electronics Store WooCommerce Themes 2020
- See 15+ Best Selling Furniture Store WordPress Themes 2020
Our Support Help Desks:
- Documentation: Find documentation for themes and frequently asked question on our Documentation channel wpthemego.com/document
- Forum Support: Join our public WPThemeGo Community at forum.wpthemego.com to find the frequently asked questions, post your problem and get support to solve it.
- Ticket System: Submit a ticket about your problem on WPThemeGo Support at support.wpthemego.com to get help from the support team. All your information will be kept confidential.
- Email Support: Contact us via email for presale questions about our themes and other questions via email@example.com.
Leave Your Comment