To keep the stability and performance of WooCommerce, the team regularly updates this plugin with new features, bug fixes and improvements.
And now, let’s started!
WooCommerce 5.1 New Features
We’re excited to announce that WooCommerce 5.1 is now released! This is the third minor release of 2021 and has
- 279 commits from 37 contributors in WooCommerce core.
- 109 commits from 22 contributors in the WooCommerce Admin package.
- 175 commits from 18 contributors in the WooCommerce Gutenberg Products Block package.
This is a minor release, which means everything is backward compatible with the previous version.
As always, we recommend creating a backup of your site and making sure that themes and plugins are compatible before updating. You can check out this update guide for more information.
- WooCommerce Blocks 4.4: Blocks package have been updated to 4.4.3. Please take a look at the release post to see what’s new and improved.
- WooCommerce Admin 2.0.2: WooCommerce Admin package has also been updated to 2.0.2 with this release of WooCommerce. This new package contains lots of bug fixes and stability improvements. Changes can be found here.
Notable fixes and improvements
- jQuery 3 deprecated items: This will be an ongoing effort to fully remove all deprecated jQuery 3 items from core. #28753
- Updating order tax: Previously after recalculating totals when tax setting has changed (such as name and/or rate), the tax name does not update in the order meta. This has been fixed. #28983
- Notices not going away: Previously when trying to close an admin notice such as the “Database has been updated” notice, this notice keeps reappearing. This has been fixed. #28500
You can find the complete changelog for this release in the changelog.txt file.
Filters and actions
We have added two new filters in this release.
|woocommerce_exporter_product_types||Filter to allow third-parties to filter the exportable product types. #28950|
|woocommerce_cancel_unpaid_orders_interval_minutes||Filter to change the interval minutes for holding stock on cancel/unpaid orders. #28933|
This release does not introduce any database changes.
This release does not introduce any changes to templates.
WooCommerce 5.1 will follow the release cycle:
- Beta: February 16th, 2021
- Release Candidate: February 23th, 2021
- WooCommerce 5.1 Final Release: March 9th, 2021
As with the previous few releases, you can join in the testing release following the instructions for 5.1 as well.
If you discover any bugs during the testing process, you can log a report in GitHub.
Our themes & WooCommerce 5.1 Update
Currently, all our WordPress themes are compatible with the latest version of WooCommerce. We plan to update all of them to support the latest version. You can follow the article WooCommerce 5.1 Themes here to update the latest news from us.
See Our Best-selling WooCommerce Themes:
See our theme collections:
- See Best Elementor WordPress themes 2020
- See Best-selling WordPress themes on Themeforest 2020
- See Best free and premium WordPress themes 2020
- See Best multi-vendor marketplace WordPress themes 2020
- See 12+ Best Auto Parts Shop WordPress Themes 2020
- See 15+ Best Clothing & Fashion Shop WordPress Themes 2020
- See 20+ Best Electronics Store WooCommerce Themes 2020
- See 15+ Best Selling Furniture Store WordPress Themes 2020
Our Support Help Desks:
- Documentation: Find documentation for themes and frequently asked question on our Documentation channel wpthemego.com/document
- Forum Support: Join our public WPThemeGo Community at forum.wpthemego.com to find the frequently asked questions, post your problem and get support to solve it.
- Ticket System: Submit a ticket about your problem on WPThemeGo Support at support.wpthemego.com to get help from the support team. All your information will be kept confidential.
- Email Support: Contact us via email for presale questions about our themes and other questions via email@example.com.