WooCommerce 4.6 and New Features
To keep the stability and performance of WooCommerce, the team regularly updates this plugin with new features, bug fixes and improvements.
And now, let’s started!
What’s new in WooCommerce 4.6
The WooCommerce 4.6 release contains updated versions of WooCommerce Admin (1.6.0) and WooCommerce Blocks (3.4.0), fixes, and localization improvements.
New home screen enabled for everyone
Notable fixes and improvements
The main fixes and stability improvements in this release are:
- Sorting country names now works as expected for languages that use graphic accents (#27416).
- Style improvements to the notices when using the Twenty Twenty theme (#27387).
- It is now possible to assign to a product a tax class that contains non-ASCII characters (#27615).
- The old setup wizard was removed (#26853).
You can find the complete changelog for this release on the changelog.txt file.
Filters and actions
We have added new filters and actions:
|woocommerce_return_to_shop_text||Filter to change the label of the “Return to shop” button in the empty cart page.|
|woocommerce_cart_item_required_stock_is_not_enough||Filter to change the behavior when checking stock for items in the cart.|
|woocommerce_should_send_no_stock_notification||Filter to let developers skip the no stock e-mail for certain products.|
|woocommerce_after_order_details||Action to add extra data after the order details section.|
This release does not introduce any changes to the database.
This following parts of the code were deprecated in this release:
- The classes WC_Admin_Setup_Wizard and WC_Admin_Setup_Wizard_Tracking with no replacement.
- The method WC_Admin_Notices::install_notice() with no replacement.
- The files includes/admin/views/html-notice-install.php, assets/css/wc-setup.scss and assets/js/admin/wc-setup.js with no replacement.
WooCommerce 4.6 will follow the release cycle:
- Beta: September 19, 2020
- Release Candidate: September 29, 2020
- WooCommerce 4.6 Final Release: October 13, 2020
As with the previous few releases, you can join in the testing release following the instructions for 4.6 as well.
If you discover any bugs during the testing process, you can log a report in GitHub.
Our themes & WooCommerce 4.6 Update
Currently, all our WordPress themes are ready with WooCommerce 4.5. We plan to update all of them to support the latest version. Please stay tuned!
See Our Best-selling WooCommerce Themes 2020:
See our theme collections:
- See Best Elementor WordPress themes 2020
- See Best-selling WordPress themes on Themeforest 2020
- See Best free and premium WordPress themes 2020
- See Best multi-vendor marketplace WordPress themes 2020
- See 12+ Best Auto Parts Shop WordPress Themes 2020
- See 15+ Best Clothing & Fashion Shop WordPress Themes 2020
- See 20+ Best Electronics Store WooCommerce Themes 2020
- See 15+ Best Selling Furniture Store WordPress Themes 2020
Our Support Help Desks:
Documentation: Find documentation for themes and frequently asked question on our Documentation channel wpthemego.com/document
Forum Support: Join our public WPThemeGo Community at forum.wpthemego.com to find the frequently asked questions, post your problem and get support to solve it.
Ticket System: Submit a ticket about your problem on WPThemeGo Support at support.wpthemego.com to get help from the support team. All your information will be kept confidential.
Email Support: Contact us via email for presale questions about our themes and other questions via firstname.lastname@example.org.