There are two ways to install a WordPress Theme:
- Quickstart Installation: Suitable if you have your first installation and want to get a whole new fresh site as our Demo.
- Manual Installation (including Theme Installation): Suitable if your store is full with content that you don't want to overwrite.
3.1 Quickstart Installation:
Please follow the steps in the Quickstart Installation Instruction for WordPress Theme
3.2 Theme Installation
Before starting this theme installation process, you need to make sure that your host can comply with follow requirement:
- Your web host has the minimum requirements to run WordPress
- This theme is built up and tested with WordPress Version 4.6.1. Therefore, you could run the WordPress Version 4.6.1 to have its best performance. The latest version of WordPress is prefered.
3.2.1 Theme Upload
When you are ready to install a theme, you must first upload the theme files and then activate the theme itself. The theme files can be uploaded in two ways:
- FTP Upload
- WordPress Upload
Note: If the theme files’ size is larger than 8M, please upload via FTP (File Transfer Protocol).
|126.96.36.199 Theme Installation via FTP
||188.8.131.52 Theme Installation via WordPress Admin Panel
To add the new theme to your WordPress installation, follow these basic steps:
- Download the zip package of SW HiMarket theme in ThemeForest, and you will find a zip file named as sw_himarket_theme_vx.x.x.zip
- Load your FTP client, such as FileZilla.
- Use your FTP program to access your host web server, upload and exact the zip file “sw_himarket_theme_vx.x.x.zip” to your_wordpress_site/wp-content/themes directory. After exacting, you will have a theme folder named as himarket in your your_wordpress_site/wp-content/themes directory.
To select the theme for your site:
- Log in to the WordPress Administration Panels
- Go to Appearance >> Themes to find the new theme uploaded, roll over its thumbnail image and activate it by clicking on the Activate button.
Step 1 – Open the wp-admin panel (Navigate through web browser to the folder where you have installed the WordPress, for example: www.your_wordpress_site.com/wp-admin/).
Step 2 – Login to your WordPress Dashboard and go to Appearance >> Themes.
Then, click Add New button or Add New Theme button
Step 3 – Click the Upload Theme button >> Choose File to import the theme from your computer. Select your sw_himarket_theme_vx.x.x.zip file and click Install Now.
Step 4 – You have a few minutes to wait till you see the message announcing that Theme installed successfully.
Step 5 – After that, you will be able to activate the theme.
Please remember that when theme is installed, you need to install Required Plugins to get full features working.
3.2.2 Theme Installation Types
In our SW HiMarket theme, we offer a useful feature to choose the way to install this theme: Import Demo Data or not. Two methods are provided for two different case. When you want to start a new website, or use our demo contents for easily customization, save your time and your energy. In this situation, we recommend using the Import Demo Data method. If you do not use this way, you must be adept in WordPress customization and theme development
|After installing theme, there are two ways for you to choose to custom this theme: create everything by yourself or import our demo data
|Do NOT import demo data
||Import demo data
- It means that you could create everything by yourself from its beginning
- You could configure each part of this theme singly according to our suggested theme position
- This process certainly helps you save your time and energy
- It is ideal for beginners to advanced developers
- Our Import Demo Data provides you a good way to import the demo content, widgets and theme settings with one click.
- If you are a newbie, it could be an extremely time-consuming process and a tough challenge
- You are certainly adept in WordPress customization and theme development
- Category ID is different between “your database in your server” and “our database in our server”. It’s all different from servers. That is the reason why you need to change the category ID on your site by checking it out in our theme configuration part of this documentation.
3.2.3 Required Plugins Installation
Please remember that when theme is installed, you need to install and activate Required Plugins to get full features working. In case your server does not permit automatic installation of a WordPress plugin in this theme, you could manually install it by using its zip file in our package folder named as data/plugins.
- Step 1 – After installing and activating the theme you will see the message about installing required plugins at the top of the page.
- Step 2 – You need click Begin Installing plugins link in order to install needed plugins for SW HiMarket theme
- Step 3 – You will be redirected to Install Required Plugins page, here you will find all of the theme required plugins. In order to install these plugins, you just need to check all of them and select “install” then click “apply”.
Note: When installing plugins, if you see a notice that some plugins have unsuccessful installation, please choose each plugin to install again. This case usually occurs as you select all plugins to install at once.
- Step 4 – After installing these plugins, you need to activate them by checking all of them and select “activate” then click “apply”
Below are list of required plugins along with SW HiMarket theme